• Round, smooth tip facilitates insertion and helps reduce irritation of urethral mucosa.
• Notch in tip holds stylet properly to minimize risk of slippage.
• Two opposing, smooth eyes are sized for maximum drainage and positioned to reduce risk of kinking.
• Individually made and pretested to ensure strength and symmetry, the balloon is manufactured separately to minimize potential for occlusion of inflation eye, a problem associated with the use of masking compounds in manufacturing.
• Bard Foley balloons hold catheter tip upright to facilitate drainage.
• Special latex formulation and multi-dip process provide flexibility with strong walls to resist kinking and collapse.
• Round, silicone elastomer coated drainage lumen enhances flow rate and resists encrustation.
• Drainage funnel is designed with thick, tapered wall to provide secure connection to drainage tube and to help eliminate kinking and collapse during aspiration.
• Inflation valve accommodates a luer tip or luer lock syringe. Self-sealing for confidence and color-coded for visualization of the French size.